↑ Return to Contact Us


To make a complaint

All staff working for NHS Erewash CCG try to provide the best possible service to the people in our area. However, sometimes things do go wrong and you might not be happy with the treatment you, a friend, a neighbour or a member of your family has received.

The first thing to do is talk informally to a member of staff where you received treatment. We often find that by talking things through straight away, problems can be resolved there and then. If you remain dissatisfied following any informal discussions, you have the right to make a complaint. This can be made directly to the organisation whom provided your treatment i.e. the GP, Dentist or Hospital.

Alternatively, you can contact Erewash CCG:

NHS Erewash CCG, Toll Bar House, 1 Derby Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire. DE7 5FH

Telephone: 0115 931 6152

Alternatively you can complete a Complaints Form.

To view the complaints policy for NHS Erewash CCG please click here.

Please be aware that the NHS Complaints Regulations do not permit you to complain to both the service who provided the care and the Clinical Commissioning Group. You must complain to one organisation and should you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to approach the Health Services Ombudsman.

Every complaint is taken seriously and treated confidentially. Making a complaint will not affect your future care or treatment.

How your complaint will be handled

NHS Erewash CCG has engaged the Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit (GEM CSU) to provide a complaints handling service to our residents and users of the services the CCG commissions on your behalf.  Under this arrangement your details will be passed by the CCG to GEM CSU in order for them to manage your complaint on our behalf.  This may involve the CSU in accessing your case records and disclosing relevant information to the CCG in order that we can discharge our duties to you under the NHS Complaints Regulations.

The purposes for which your personally identifiable information will be used is strictly for the processing of your complaint.  This may include passing relevant information to a service provider in order that they can provide appropriate responses and comments on the circumstances set out in your complaint.

Your information may be anonymised for the purposes of monitoring the complaints process or improving service quality.  If identifiable data is needed for other purposes then your consent will be sought unless there is another legal basis on which this information is required to be used.

If you have any concerns about how your information is to be used then please contact Dr Markus Henn before submitting your complaint.  If you do not wish to have your information passed to the GEM CSU then we may not be able to process your complaint.

If you are happy to have your information passed to the GEM CSU then please make your complaint to us via one of the following methods:


E-mail address:      

Postal Address:

01332 838736

CCG Complaints Manager
3rd Floor
Cardinal Square
10 Nottingham Road

NHS Complaints Advocacy is available to help you to make a complaint about your NHS care.

Advocacy is about:

  • Ensuring people have the information they need to make the right choices for them,
  • Supporting people to speak up and be heard,
  • Helping people to secure their rights, and the services and support they need,
  • Enabling people to play a full part in their communities.

POhWER is a charity and membership organisation and is one of the largest providers of advocacy services in the UK and England’s largest provider of NHS Complaints Advocacy. Their free independent confidential service is available for:

  • People who feel they have been let down by the NHS and want to make a complaint,
  • Older people,
  • People with mental health issues,
  • People with sensory impairment,
  • People with physical disabilities,
  • People with learning disabilities,
  • Children and young people,
  • People with autism,
  • People who have experienced discrimination or exclusion

For more information visit their website http://www.pohwer.net/in-your-area/where-you-live/derbyshire  or you can contact them via the various methods listed below.